April 22nd, 2010

Maria has been doing amazing with the inhaler.  I got a whim to let her try & help me push the inhaler.  Since we tried that she has taken the inhaler with no problem.  Thank you God for giving me the right idea.  She is doing so much better.  Of course we can't have it all with her.  As soon as she was doing better with the cough she has been working on 3 teeth.  I will definitely take a crabby girl cutting teeth rather than a constant cough.

Tonight was Emma's Dance Preview night.  She did awesome at both her dance & tumbling routine.  She was super excited to have Memaw & Papa S, Mommy, Daddy & Maria watching her.  She has the cutest buddy there named Quinn.

We finally got word that Maria is going to get her bedroom set soon.  Everything but the dresser & mirror are being delivered on Saturday.  Thank goodness because she sleeps so much better in a big girl bed.

April 11th, 2010

I think Maria is doing better finally.  I hate to jinx it so I will leave it at that.  She hates the mask to get her inhaler still, but at least we can get her to take the medicine.

Matt and I got to have a much needed night out just the two of us.  We had a dinner & actually had adult conversation that didn't revolve around the girls.

April 8th, 2010

On April 6th we took Maria to see Dr. Noyes a Pulmonologist at Cardinal Glennon.  She has been fighting a cough since December 31st, 2009 (yes I remember it because it has been a long 3 months & it was New Year's Eve).  Dr. Noyes believes Maria's pediatrician was on the right path for the cause of the cough.  In October of 2009 we all had the H1N1 flu.  They think that the flu made her lungs vulnerable to easy irritation.  So the first cold she had, caused her to go over the edge with her lungs.  After 3 antibiotics and Singulair twice she is now on Flovent twice a day.  We are scheduled for a follow in a month but I am praying we will not need it.  If her cough is better, I can call and cancel the appointment & they will tell us how they would like to ween her off the medication.

Last night the girls and I went to the Illinois-Mizzou game at Busch Stadium with my parents.  Emma was really excited about going, but she easily bored of being there.  Maria was entertained by the popcorn, peanuts and Papa S.  She did bump her head on the concrete so we left shortly after that since it was already past their bedtime.


While we there daddy worked on finishing up the painting in Maria's room.  It looks really nice and I hope to get the bedroom cleaned up today.  Matt is a wonderful daddy and the girls are very lucky to have him as their daddy.

April 5th, 2010

I am beginning to think our website needs a new layout.  I don't keep up with it and think maybe if I just set it up for me to blog it might be better.  Matt isn't going to do it and blogging as though I am the girls just means one more step for me.  Stay tuned to see if I actually update it.

Today is our niece Katie's 6th birthday.  I can't believe she is 6 already.  Time sure flies.

Tomorrow we are taking Maria to the pulmonologist.  Hopefully we can get some resolution on the cough she has had for the last 3 months.  It has been really bad the last week, but I think we are climbing the hill again to some relief.  It seems this cough ebbs & flows. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like the cough we all had when we had the H1N1 flu last October.

Emma is doing great.  She has been growing like a weed lately.  I swear she has grown 2 inches since Christmas.  I guess she is making up for the fact that she wore 18 month clothes for what seemed like a complete year.  Now she is already too tall for 4T jeans.

Matt has been swamped at work.  He appears to enjoy it so no complaints.  I am thankful he has a job and that I get to be with my girls all day long.  Some days I am ready for 6 so that he is home & I can have a break.

I am keeping busy with my work as well.  Just finished up one website so the client can review & waiting to begin one more for sure.  I love it.  It keeps me involved in something that isn’t totally revolved around the girls and I can do it all from home.  I couldn’t ask for anything else.

Well that is about it.  Again stay tuned for an updated website layout.

June 9th, 2009

I have been really bad about updating our family site lately.  I'm sorry for that.

We have been so busy and I haven't updated in awhile.  So here is what has happened in the last month or so.

The Cardinal and Cub fans enjoyed another enjoyable day at Busch Stadium.  It was much more enjoyable this year for the Cardinal fans than last year.  The Cardinals beat the Cubs and Albert Pujols hit a Grand Slam.  We had to sit in two separate sections due to the size of our group but it was still a lot of fun.  Emma and Maria were really good during the game.  Maria basically started walking this weekend too.  She was taking 10-15 steps at a time and started walking all out about a week later.

Before we knew it, it was time to celebrate Maria's 1st birthday.  We got pictures taken of the girls at the Botanical Gardens by my boss's son-in-law who is a photographer (http://www.benjaminmarkphotography.com).  If you look at the Galleries, there are a couple of pictures of my girls.  Maria is under the Babies section and Emma is under the Children.  We also celebrated that weekend with my parents, Adam and Autumn.  Autumn wasn't able to be here for the party because she was in one of her mommy's friends weddings.

Memorial Day weekend is when we held her actual 1st Birthday party.  It was also a Surprise 50th Birthday party for my mom.  We had so much fun and Maria got a lot of nice gifts.  I am working on the Thank You Cards.

Matt and I left on May 26th for Punta Cana Dominican Republic to celebrate my "30th" birthday and 5 year anniversary a year late.  We had an awesome time and much needed rest and relaxation.  Mom C stayed with the girls for the week so we knew they were in good hands, but mommy still missed them very much and made sure we called EVERY day.  While we were in Punta Cana, we did a Outback Safari and it was awesome.  The tour guide was very knowledgeable.  We got to have a traditional Dominican lunch that tasted fabulous.  Matt and I also got a couples massage (our first massage ever) and we really liked that.  I laughed a lot thinking about Matt, but it was very relaxing.  The oil from the massage however caused us both to get burnt.  Up to this point we had not gotten any color at all.  We stayed at the Riu Punta Cana Palace.  It was absolutely amazing.  The staff was very friendly and the food was outstanding.  Our only complaints wer that the couch smelled very badly from people sitting in their wet suits we assume and the door to the bathroom had shoe polish on it to fill in the scuffs.  Matt also had a pillow that smelled bad.

Emma's last day of school was June 1st.  It was sad seeing all the kids in her class and the teacher's for the last time until next year.  Emma loved her teacher's Miss Cindy and Miss Kristen.  She is very excited that Miss Cindy will be one of her teacher's next year.  Emma and Maria will be going to school in the fall.  Maria always wanted to stay so we just signed them both up.

We decided to sign Emma up for Dance and Tumbling at The Dance House this summer to see if she likes it.  So far she seems to, but she really doesn't tell us what she is learning.  I'm not sure I'm a Dance Mom or not, but will do it if she likes it.

Well that's about it and I'm out of things I think.

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 6